Steelcase Amia Chair, Black
designed by Thomas Overthun of IDEO
Open Box. Minor cosmetic issues, Minor signs of use, fully functional. Tilt tension knob is badly bent but is still functional. The back upholstery came off of back plastic piece and has been clipped back on. That back upholstery piece can come off during shipping but can always be clipped back in.
Amia Chair by Steelcase
Base and Frame Finish|Black
Casters or Glides|Carpet Casters
Color|Black Buzz 2
Seat Height Adjustment|Standard 5 in. Adjustable
Amia is a chair with a secret. Beneath the Amia chair's upholstery, inside its sleek backrest, there's a form of our unique comfort system called LiveLumbarTM technology, a Steelcase patented back support system. You may not see it, but you'll certainly feel it. As you sit in the chair, an adjustable LiveLumbar zone flexes with your every move, for consistent ergonomic support for your lower back, all day every day. With additional comfort features like 4-way adjustable arms, adjustable seat depth and a flexible front seat edge, Amia keeps you feeling good through your workday and beyond. It's a chair for every day.
The Amia Chair is a triumph of the free market. It strips away all the things you don't really need from the most high-end office chairs, but it keeps all their comfort, freedom of movement, support, and color. It's lean, and it has kept only the essentials. And because of that, it's half the price. Like it for the simple design, like it for the back supporting LiveLumbar system, like it for the comfort of the seat and back; love it for the price.
- Passive Seat Angle: automatically adjusts for reclining
- Adjustable Seat Height: pneumatic control provides a full range of height
- Lumbar Support: allows fine-tuning for lumbar support
- 2-Stage Tilt Limiter: slightly reclined or fully reclined tilt settings with adjustable tension
- Adjustable Seat Depth: slides forward and backward to accommodate people of different heights
- Adjustable Arm Depth: makes it easier to get closer to your desk
- Arm Pivot: puts armrests at just the angle you need them