Cosm Chair by Herman Miller, Mid-Back Graphite, Armless
Open Box. Fully functional. No product issues.
Mid Back Height, No Arms, Graphite, Graphite, Graphite, 2.5-inch Hard Floor or Carpet Glides, Graphite Intercept Suspension
Intercept Suspension: Breathable and temperature-neutral, the continuous form of this elastomeric suspension eliminates the gap between the seat and back, conforming to each person’s body to provide dynamic spinal support. Mix and match any of the six colors on the suspension and frame.
Flexible Frame: The thin but strong frame feels nearly non-existent and offers support while flexing so you can comfortably move your upper body.
Auto-Harmonic Tilt: Self adjusting mechanism that instantly and automatically provides balanced support and movement depending on the person’s body, posture, and the way that they’re sitting. This finely tuned comfort lets people move around as much as they want and comes without the need to twist and turn knobs. The only lever on the chair adjusts the height, so you can sit down, get to work, and forget about gravity.
Back Options: Cosm is offered in three different back options:
- Low-Back: The low-back, with its wrap-top, facilitates casual movement and lets people comfortably sit sideways with their arm draped over the top of the backrest.
- Mid-Back: The mid-back provides scapular support and easily adapts to any setting, from workstations to project rooms to conference areas.
- High-Back: The high-back fits like a glove while providing upper-thoracic support and a sense of comfort and privacy.
- No Arms: Allows the chair to fit easily under a desk or table, and supports a variety of activities that require freedom of movement.
- Fixed Arms: Arms are set at 8.6 inches above the seat and cannot be adjusted. Ideal for short-term-use areas like conference rooms, multi-guest workspaces, and more.
- Height Adjustable Arms: Height Adjustable Arms adjust 4.4 inches vertically from 7 inches to 11.4 inches above the seat. This gives you the ability to support your arms at a comfortable height without straining your shoulders.
- Leaf Arms: Aiming to reinvent the task chair arm, Studio 7.5 developed Cosm’s Leaf Arms, which provide a large, comfortable resting place for your elbow. The soft but firm cradle design stabilizes your body and allows you to place your elbow wherever it’s most comfortable, and the fixed design turns the arms into handles that make getting in and out of the seat easy.
- Casters for Carpet with Quiet Roll Technology: Designed for use on low- to medium-pile carpet, such as commercial or Berber, these 2.5 inch casters have durable black nylon wheels and includes Quiet Roll Technology reduces noise on hard surfaces.
- Casters for Hard Floor or Carpet with Medium Roll-Resistance and Quiet Roll Technology: A versatile caster that can be used on hard surfaces such as wood, ceramic tile, vinyl tile, or carpeted floors. This 2.5 inch caster features medium roll-resistance that prevents the chairs from rolling away when they are not occupied. Casters are made of durable black nylon, with a soft tread that gives the chair better traction and includes Quiet Roll Technology reduces noise on hard surfaces.
Dimensions & Measurements
- Packaging Dimensions: 26” x 21.75” x 33.75”
- Package Weight: 40 lbs
- Assembly Required: Yes
Herman Miller® is a pioneer in the furniture industry, an innovator whose human-centered, problem-solving approach to design has introduced new ways of living and working for over 100 years. Environmentally-friendly design, lean manufacturing, ergonomics, the open office, even American modernism itself: Herman Miller and our designers have had a hand in shaping it all. In the spirit of our founder, D.J. De Pree, who established a willingness to abandon ourselves creatively to the influence of others, we’ve partnered with the world’s leading designers for generations—from midcentury icons George Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, and Alexander Girard to Michael Anastassiades, Scholten & Baijings, Yves Béhar, and more of today’s leading design minds. Our work with them continues to explore design as a method of change, and the enriching value authenticity brings to our lives. Together, we’re shaping the new kinds of spaces where people will live and work for years to come.
Who We Are
OfficeDesignsOutlet.com is part of OfficeDesigns.com. We are an Authorized Retailer of the top furniture brands in the industry including Herman Miller, Steelcase, Haworth, Humanscale, Kartell, and more. Our mission is to help small and medium businesses empower their people to work better, happier and more productively by outfitting their work spaces with solutions that embrace modern work life flexibility.